Current Affairs for 24th May 2019
Download Latest Current Affairs for 20th November 2018. Read the latest current affairs for 20th November 2018 to know, what events took place around the world. This Current Affairs will be a benefit tonic for the student and candidate who are going to appear in the Competitive exam and other Government Exam. Current Affairs is important to know because most of the question in the Competitive Exam come from Current Affairs. For the benefit of the student, we have given a PDF file attached to this article so that candidate can save this for future reference. Please Click on the link to download the Current affairs.
Some Important Topics
- World turtle day is observed on 23rd May.
- It is sponsored yearly since 2000 by American Tortoise Rescue.
- May 24 is observed as National Brother’s Day in the United States to honour the brothers in one’s life.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed an agreement with Indian Railway Finance Corporation (IRFC).
- It will provide $750 million long-term financings for the Railways Track Electrification Project as part of a broad modernization program.
- It is the largest single non-sovereign loan ever.
- German scientists have discovered 18 Earth-sized planets beyond the solar system.
- Scientists re-analyzed part of NASA's Kepler Telescope data using the new method developed by them.
- They estimate the method may lead to over 100 more exoplanet discoveries from entire Kepler dataset.
- International researchers have broken the record for superconductivity at the highest temperature recorded to date at around -23°C.
- They created a new material, called lanthanum super hydrides, to achieve the same.
- The material was, however, placed under extremely high pressure ranging between 150-170 gigapascals to reach the new record.
- The longest-serving CM of any state Pawan Kumar Chamling-led Sikkim Democratic Front (SDF) lost after 25 years to Sikkim Krantikari Morcha (SKM) in the state Assembly elections.