Latest Current Affairs for 16th July 2018
Read the latest current affairs to know, what events took place around the world. This Current Affairs will be a benefit tonic for the student and candidate who are going to appear in the Competitive exam and other Government Exam. Current Affairs is important to know because most of the question in the Competitive Exam comes from Current Affairs. For the benefit of the student, we have given a PDF file attached to this article so that candidate can save this for future reference. Please Click on the link to download the Current affairs.
Nozomi Okuhara wins Thailand Open 2018
- Nozomi Okuhara of Japan wins Thailand Open 2018 which was held in Bangkok.
- She defeated PV Sindhu 21-15, 21-18 in 50 minutes match. By virtue of this win, Okuhara has taken a 6-5 head-to-head win-loss record over Sindhu.
- The last time the duo met at the All England Championships earlier this year, it was Sindhu who prevailed over the Okuhara.
Awards at FIFA World Cup 2018
- Croatia captain Luka Modric has won the FIFA Golden Ball for the best player at the World Cup 2018.
- England national football captain Harry Kane was awarded the Golden Boot for scoring most goals (6) in FIFA World Cup 2018.
- Belgium’s Thibaut Courtois won the Golden Glove as the best goalkeeper of FIFA World Cup 2018.
France brings FIFA world cup
- France lifted the FIFA World Cup 2018 for the second time by defeating Croatia with a 4-2 victory.
- Didier Deschamps, the captain of the 1998 French side, became the third man to win the World Cup as player and coach after Brazil’s Mario Zagallo and Germany’s Franz Beckenbauer.
- Belgium won the 2nd runners-up position defeating England.
Brij Bhushan to be Chef de Mission
- Wrestling Federation of India president Brij Bhushan Saran Singh is set to be named the Chef de Mission of the Asian Games-bound Indian contingent.
- The four deputy Chefs de Mission are set to be appointed.
- The IOA has announced a 524-member contingent of athletes for the August 18-September 2 Asian Games in Indonesia.
Djokovic clinches fourth Wimbledon title
- Novak Djokovic defeated South Africa’s Kevin Anderson to clinch his fourth Wimbledon title.
- This is Djokovic’s first Grand Slam victory in more than two years.
- With 13 major titles, Djokovic now stands in fourth place in the all-time Grand Slam singles final list, behind Roger Federer (20), Rafael Nadal (17) and Pete Sampras (14).
India signs pact to ease visa restrictions
- India on July 15 signed a revised travel agreement with Bangladesh to ease visa restrictions for citizens from the neighboring country.
- Under the Revised Travel Arrangement (RTA)-2018, freedom fighters and elderly Bangladeshi nationals will get five-year multiple visas from India.
- Singh and Mr. Khan also held the 6th Home Minister-Level Talks between India and Bangladesh.