SBI PO 2019 Exam Pattern
SBI or State Bank of India has released the Notification for the recruitment of Probationary Officers. As per the official notification, there are 2000 numbers of vacancies to be Filled for this post. This is a very nice opportunity to grab. In order to grab this opportunity, you need to be through with the Exam pattern and start your preparation. So guys here is the Detailed Exam pattern for SBI PO Recruitment 2019 and Start your preparation.
Detailed Exam Pattern for SBI PO 2019
The Selection Process for SBI PO 2019 Consist of 3 Phases as mentioned below:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
- Group Discussion/ Interview
SBI PO 2019 Preliminary Examination is set to be conducted from 8th, 9th, 15th and 16th June 2019. There will be sectional Timing in the prelims examination and the paper will have 3 sections which include Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language. The candidate who is appearing for this examination can check the exam pattern as mention below:-
|Name of Test||number of question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||Total Maximum Mark is 100||20 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||20 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||20 Minutes|
- As Negative MArking ( Penalty for Wrong Answers, Marks Equal to 1/4 of the Marks Assigned to that question will be Deducted.\
- There will be No Negative Marking for unattempted questions
- No Sectional Cut Off.
- Candidate numbering 10 Times the number of Vacancies (approx..) in each Category Will be Shorty listed for Main Examination From the Top of Merit list.
The candidate who has Qualified the SBI PO Preliminary Exam will be appearing for the Mains Examination. SBI PO exam pattern for Mains Exam 2019 Consist of Objective Test (200 Marks) and Descriptive Test (50 Marks). Both the Parts will take Place online. The candidate will have to answer the Descriptive Test by Typing on the Computer. The Descriptive Test will be Administered Immediately after completion of the Objective Test.
|Name of Test||Number of question||Maximum Marks||Durations|
|Reasoning & computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 Minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 Minutes|
- For every Incorrect answer, there will be a negative marking of 1/4 MArks for that question./
- There will be No Sectional Cutoff in the SBI PO Mains Exam.
The Descriptive Paper will be of 30 Minutes duration with 50 arks assigned to the test of English LAnguage. You will be tested on letter Writing & Essay. you will have to pass in the Descriptive Test, to be Called for the Next Phase by the State Bank of India.
The candidate who has Scored qualifying Mark in the SBI PO Mains Objective Test will be Appearing for the Descriptive Test.
|Name of Test||Total Mark||Time|
|Letter Writing/ Essay Writing||50||30 Minutes|
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for preparing the final merit list for selection. Only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GE & Interview (Phase-III) for preparing the final merit list. The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately.
- Marks secured by the candidates in the Main Examination (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 marks and Group Exercises & Interview scores of the candidate (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25 marks. The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating (out of 100) converted marks of Main Examination and Group Exercises & Interview. Selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category
- Results of the candidates who qualify for Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview as well as the final select list will be made available on the Bank's website.